Tuesday 11 January 2022

An ink sketch of the countryside landscape as seen in THE GREEN KNIGHT

‘An ink sketch of the countryside landscape as seen in THE GREEN KNIGHT’
Ink and brush pen on paper

#JanuaryDechART
Prompt 9: Healing

. . .

Today was a little bit of a low energy day (mostly a bleed-over from the previous day), and I was feeling the urge to create art as personal therapy. I initially opted to create something original and digital, but after blocking in the colours, I abandoned it. I just wasn’t feeling up to it. I wasn’t in the right mood to work on anything original and I didn’t want to have to look at a phone screen for this, too. 

It was then I decided to pick up my sketchbook and ink pen and just go with a screencap I took from THE GREEN KNIGHT, which is of a breath-taking landscape shot seen when Sir Gawain rides back home after his second encounter with the Green Knight. 

It had been a long while since I last drew a landscape piece with ink, so I thought I’d give this a try. 

I’m still feeling a little low energy, but I feel better now having completed this piece. 

Touched up with a bit of light ochre highlighting there too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment