Friday 31 December 2021

A Way Through

A Way Through
25cm x 17.6cm
Gouache on gouache paper

Inspired by DEATH STRANDING

. . .

For my last painting of 2021 (I will be taking a break tomorrow), I have picked, as reference, the mountains and hills that sat in between Capital Knot City and the incinerator, through which Sam must make his very last (and very emotional) delivery.

I actually didn't realise this would be my last painting for the year and I didn't realise the reference I picked was from Sam's last delivery until I started writing this and now putting these two together, it dawned on me how cool it was that these two sort of came together. I swear, I was only looking to paint something pretty with gouache.

But yeah, 2021 has been quite a journey and it is only fitting that I leave it with this little painting.

Now with 2022 on the horizon, I am quite nervous about what lurks around the bend. Let's wait and see what sort of creature we will have to deal with next. Swords and spears and guns and crossbows and arrows and lasers and lightsabers and any other weapons of choice at the ready, guys! We got this!

No comments:

Post a Comment