Thursday 13 January 2022

An ink sketch of Sir Gawain’s meeting with the Green Knight from THE GREEN KNIGHT

An ink sketch of Sir Gawain’s meeting with the Green Knight from THE GREEN KNIGHT
Ink, brush pen and white gel pen on paper. 

#JanuaryDechART
Prompts: Botanical, Sprout, Frozen

. . .

Here is an ink sketch of a scene from THE GREEN KNIGHT -- again. Yes, I am currently quite obsessed with this story, and probably will be for a while. 

In this scene, Sir Gawain goes to meet the titular Green Knight at the Green Chapel -- an old ruin covered in creepers and plants -- to fulfil his half of the game, that the Green Knight shall finish the game by loping his head off, which have our hero frozen in fear moments before it is supposed happen. 

Here, I wanted to continue with the ink and yellow/ochre brush pen style that I have been doing, only used in a different way this time -- to suggest illumination. Had some help from the white gel pen too. A fun little piece, and I’m quite happy with the way it turned out. 

(Please ignore the Anglo-Saxon runes. I basically took most of the letters over to runes, with some exceptions depending on the sounds made. Mostly guesses based on my (relatively basic) understanding of runes) 

(By the way, if anyone here wishes to correct me on the runes, I welcome the corrections)

No comments:

Post a Comment