Thursday 11 November 2021

The Beach

The Beach
1980 x 1200
SketchBook
Inspired by the Beach in DEATH STRANDING

. . .

Once
I was a Child,
Until they told me that, 
I cried too much,
I was lazy, 
I was stupid, 
I was unfocused,
I talked too much, 
I was selfish,
And everything that I ever wanted,
Was pointless. 

I believed them. 
And it seemed so important that I did.

So I tried,
Crying less,
Working hard,
Being smart,
Being focused,
Talking less,
Being considerate
And wanting things, 
That made justifiable sense to want.

And everyone was happy, 
Though I wasn't, 
But it wasn't selfish, 
So that was good, 
So I continued,
Until I was,
An adult.

Then, 
Came the rain, 
And those, 
Whom I have so tried, 
To please, 
And serve, 
Scrambled for shelter, 
Leaving me,
Drenched. 

I sought for help, 
And all they could say, was:
'Fend for yourself;
You have but grown!'

I tried and I failed, 
And again I sought for help . 
But all they could say, was:
'Fend for yourself;
You have but grown!'

I tried, 
And again I failed, 
And so I sought for help, 
But all they could say, was:
You cry too much!
You are lazy!
You are stupid!
You are unfocused!
You talk too much!
You are selfish!
And You,
Are, 
Pointless!

They remained in their shelters, 
And I could do no more. 
With a heavy heart, 
I turned, 
And left as they cowered. 

I came upon a beach,
Where the rain was heaviest, 
And I saw a Child, 
Alone on the shore. 

The Child was crying,
So I sat myself down, 
Next to him, 
And asked, 
What was wrong. 

'They said, 
I cry too much, 
I am lazy, 
I am stupid, 
I am unfocused,
I talk too much, 
I am selfish,
I am pointless,
And I do not deserve, 
The shelter.'

He continued to cry, 
And all I could do, 
Was sit by him, 
On the black sands of the beach, 
Looking out, 
Over ferocious waves, 
Rolling under dark skies, 
As the world, 
Slowly floods. 

No comments:

Post a Comment