Tuesday 28 December 2021

Lines In The Sand

Lines In The Sand
20 cm x 14 cm
SketchBook

. . .

I recently went to the beach, more specifically Trombol Beach in Kuching. It’s about an hour’s drive from my house and it’s a very beautiful place. It’s this really long stretch of just sand and despite having walked for 2 hours along the shoreline, I have yet to encounter any sort of tangible edge on either side of the beach; it is that long. 

While I was there, I managed to make a few sketches of different parts of the beach. I initially intended to paint there, but I ended up frolicking along the shoreline for the whole 2 hours I was there. It was so intoxicating to just walk in the water, feeling the sand in between my toes, almost without a care in the world. I ended up deciding to paint at home. 

When I finally got to painting, I kinda botched up the first attempt. The sky was far too dark and the sands ended up looking very filthy. Plus I was testing out water brush pens for the first time and things got really messy. So I gave up trying those out and used my old brushes in the second attempt, instead, which is the one that you see above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment