Monday 15 November 2021

Howling Winds

Howling Winds
1980 x 1200
SketchBook

A DEATH STRANDING fan art

. . .

I initially had another scene in mind, but as much as I tried to sketch it out, it never seemed right. It is supposed to show Sam walking up a slope towards a valley, upon which another porter or maybe even a holo projection waves down at him from the top. An image of human decency.

But I couldn’t get the proportions right, so instead I shelved that idea and went with something simpler (and maybe lonelier) -- Sam hiking through the snow-capped mountains around Mountain Knot City. 

And here is the song to which I painted this to. Enjoy!  🌨 🌨 🌨

Little anecdote behind it:

I was inspired to make this while having Sam take a really slow hike through the mountains recently in the game. I wasn’t in any rush to do much that evening, and planned for myself to have about two to three easy deliveries tops because I was feeling bushed. So there I was, taking time to slowly trek through the mountains, and as I came up to the spine, I started noticing details in the view that I almost quite always took for granted; the chilling drop down the slope, the distance between me and the rest of the mountains, the clouds, the snow, the fog. It took my breath away and for a while I didn’t want to move.

No comments:

Post a Comment