Saturday 1 October 2022

Dreams Of Montana

Dreams of Montana
3048 x 2480
SketchBook

Okay, so not exactly Montana, but it is at the very least inspired by the landscapes there. 

I came across a video recently for CCR's song 'Have You Seen The Rain?' and, yeah, I clicked in because Jack Quaid's in it. The location where they filmed it seemed really beautiful, so I looked it up and found out that it is in Montana. 

This brought me back to 'The Horse Whisperer', one of my few conscious media experiences of the place, and one where I had some fond memories off, mostly because of the setting of the film and the music. That got me to watching a few clips of it again on YouTube -- and I might just rewatch it again one of these days. Here are two scenes which also features two of my favourite tracks from the OST.



From there, inspirations for this painting started pouring in. And so, this painting was born. 

I've never been to Montana, but having seen that music video and watched more clips of 'The Horse Whisperer', I would definitely like to visit it someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment