Thursday 21 April 2022

Please Come Back

Please Come Back
1980 x 1200
SketchBook

. . .

Will you ever come back to me?

I was hoping to make the tears a little more obvious, but one can't really overdo it now, can one?

I was very much inspired by the third Fantastic Beasts film for this one. The movie is alright, pretty fun, but still ridden with loads of problems, but I'm not here to discuss that. No, I'm here to talk about my inspiration behind this.

[WARNING: Spoiler ahead!]

So at the climax when Dumbledore and Grindelwald dueled each other, I was blown away by the whole thing. Ignoring the blood oath shenanigan (I didn't really buy that element of the story, to be honest, I thought the story would have been better without it), the fight between the pair was very emotionally charged! The blows, the grunts, the expressions on their faces, the music! All of this revealed so much about them, their relationship, their past. They clearly loved each other and still do. The betrayal that Grindelwald must have felt, and Dumbledore's own guilt. It was intense and is perhaps one of my favourite moments in the movie. (I cried for goodness' sakes!)

This piece is me imagining Grindelwald just after the fight, when he has apparated to somewhere secluded, and maybe just taking time to recollect himself... and perhaps cry, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment