Friday 4 February 2022

Art Break! Some portrait sketch practices

And so #JanuaryDechART is over and I feel like I need to take a break from creating art; this particular challenge had seen me push myself a little further in terms of detail execution and this somewhat exhausted me. 

But I know I can’t completely disengage creatively. I thought this would be a good time for me to work on my portrait drawing skill. Well, it is one of my drawing resolutions for the year; to do more portraits and get good at them. 

So here are some sketches which I did earlier today (and late last night). 

Here are some of Norman Reedus -- in chronological order. There isn’t really a noticeable progression from bad to better or worse, only that each iteration just seems like a unique ‘variation’ of Norman Reedus that looks just like people who are definitely not Norman Reedus. 


I am a little happy of this second page though, as I felt like I was getting closer. Still not exactly him, but I feel like I’m getting closer. I have saved the reference pic for more practices in the future again. Need to keep working at it. 


And the last one for the day, of nerd boi Heartman from DEATH STRANDING. I think I am slowly getting the hang of Heartman’s facial likeness. A little proud of myself, if I’m honest. 



No comments:

Post a Comment