Saturday 8 January 2022

Our Backyard In The Evening

Our Backyard In The Evening
#JanuaryDechART
Prompt 12: Tranquility
Prompt 20: Rest
17.6cm x 25.0cm
Gouache on paper

. . .

This was a spontaneous decision. After working on the portrait of Sam Porter Bridges in celebration of Norman Reedus’ birthday, I felt the urge to continue painting with several #JanuaryDechART prompts in mind, but I wasn’t really sure what I was going to do. I played around with a few ideas, but nothing really seemed to stick. 

Then, the evening came and while sitting in my room, I looked out the window and our backyard lit with splashes of pink and orange. It was then that I decided that I wanted to paint this for some of the prompts in this Dechart Challenge. So I snapped a few pictures for reference (because the day was very quickly giving way to night) and got straight to work for the rest of the night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment