Monday 31 January 2022

Ink Sketch of Finch and Jeff


Yesterday, I was working on a digital painting for #JanuaryDechART Prompt 28 (’Craving’) that I didn’t expect to be so tedious and time-consuming to accomplish. So at one point last night, I decided I needed to take a break from it because I was starting to get a bit of a headache working on the details, and that was when this little ink sketch came about. 

I had just finished watching Apple’s film ‘FINCH’ at the time, too, starring Tom Hanks as the titular character and Caleb Landry Jones as his robot sidekick. (Quick and massive shoutout to @voidoutbt aka @missteal1-blog​ for recommending this beautiful film to me! Thank you so much, hun!) The film didn’t have any business being this sweet and beautiful and sad, but I am glad that it is. An effectively emotional and gripping story that, while not being the most original, really does pack a punch. The robots are so humanised in this story, I legit squealed when one of them met a terrible and graphically violent end midway through the film (mind you, I still shiver from just thinking about it). 

(also this film reminds me so much of DEATH STRANDING, from the setting to the vibe to the costumes -- I love jumpsuit uniforms XD)

Anyways, about the sketch: it is inspired by one of my favourite parts of the film, where Finch is clearly distressed after finding out about something and he immediately runs to his fridge to get a can (of peaches, I reckon) to eat. He seemingly calms down after that first bite. It’s just a beautiful human moment for Finch, that I wanted to draw it, hence this picture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment