Thursday 21 October 2021

#OctoberDechART Day 20: Graveyard

#OctoberDechART
Day 20
Graveyard
SketchBook

. . .

The idea of this picture came to me in the middle of work, and I started painting on my phone while I was waiting for some feedback from colleagues. Then, suddenly, things escalated and I couldn’t paint anymore and needed to focus on work. By the time all was settled, I was having second thoughts about continuing the painting, because I was too tired to even think about it. I considered making an ink sketch, instead. 

But as I sat down at my desk at home after dinner, suddenly, I didn’t want to do the ink sketch. The urge to continue the digital painting on my phone returned, so I went ahead with it. 

Painting the whale took much more effort than I expected. I’m not completely satisfied with it at the moment, but it will have to do I guess. More practice in the future, perhaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment