Tuesday 14 September 2021

The Strand


"There is something about the beach, that enthralls me. The way the sound of the waves just drowns everything out, and makes one imagine things one would otherwise have no time to imagine. It makes one consider many things, many possibilities. It’s a mysterious place, it’s a wondrous place, it’s a frightening place, where the mind stretches as deep as the ocean, wrought with marvels and terrors. Fascinating.”


Okay, I didn’t really have any other reason for this piece than to test the new Gelly Roll white ink pens that just arrived at my doorstep. I did the picture with brush pen several days back, which had this large patch of dark blue in the lower right corner that just made the picture looked empty. But then I thought: “Wouldn’t it be great it I had white ink to write something there and make it look like one of those beautiful art journaling pages?” That was when I went to Shopee to look for white ink pens. 

And today they arrived, and I went to town with them. I am, admittedly, very happy with the results. I even coloured in the sky with the white ink so that it won’t look all black and flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment