Sunday 29 August 2021

#AugustDechART Day 29 - Corners

#AugustDechART
Day 29
Corners

. . .

Everyone’s got their own little corners. Here’s mine with all the books and stationeries (including books from the library -- they are letting me hold on to it because of the pandemic). 

Another major brush-pen-and-ink piece for me. I think I’m slowly getting the hang of this medium. Before this, I was never all that confident using it because for one, any marks made are permanent (and there is very little way to cover it up or fix it -- which still scares me). I also wasn’t used to the colours that would come out -- cap colour and actual colour don’t necessarily match. Plus, I have very limited colours available to me (27 in total; 24 from the boxset, 3 additional ones acquired separately) and you can’t mix brush pen colours to make new ones. 

That being said, I could easily get all the other colours I want, but it just feels... like a shortcut. Not that it is a bad thing; just that I feel like I haven’t explored and learned enough to deserve it (if that makes sense). 

So, there’s a quandary for ya. 

Anyways, I have since decided to discipline myself and take things in small steps, observing those far more superior in the craft and practising in little chunks, until I feel confident enough to be a bit more adventurous, as one might have already seen in some of my previous posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment