Saturday 14 August 2021

#AugustDechART Day 14 - Prompt: Fairy Tale

#AugustDechART
Day 14
Fairy Tale

Okay, I guess the picture itself doesn’t really scream ‘Fairy Tale’ but let me explain. 

This is the actress Eliza Bennett playing Meggie Folchart in the movie ‘Inkheart’, based upon the first novel of the same name from the Ink Trilogy by Cornelia Funke. 

If you are familiar with the novels, then you will know how this picture came to be, but for those less familiar, this series features some pretty notable fictional characters in them, mostly because Meggie, our protagonist, has the ability to read them out of books. 

So, when I saw that prompt, I was reminded of this series, which I recently got reacquainted to because I was on a bit of a nostalgia trip -- only to learn there is a fourth book coming to the series. 

And with it, I decided to use this chance to practise portrait drawing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment