Wednesday 7 July 2021

A Bit Of Fun

Autodesk SketchBook
2021

. . .

Today, I attempted a little clean line illustration. This isn't a style that I typically work with, as you can see throughout this blog. I tend to be a messy artist, and I like being messy in art. However, I do find myself deeply fascinated and attracted to beautifully-executed and clean line art, and I have mad respect for artists who can pull this off. Especially for someone who is so used to messy sketches, I find having to decide on a single neat outline daunting. 

However, this proves to be a useful exercise in focused decision-making. Messy sketches leave beautiful impressions, but clean line drawings, though more challenging, leave solid, clear depictions, and when done right, can feel so satisfying. 

So my subject? A confused bespectacled man in a Japanese samue. Quite happy with the final product. 

So happy, in fact, I decided to have some fun after that. 

Like so:


No comments:

Post a Comment