Saturday 6 November 2021

Enough Resting -- Time to Make More Art!

So I have finally decided that I have rested enough, after just about 4 to 5 days since finishing #OctoberDechART. I would have thought perhaps a week at least, but the itch was real and I couldn't help it. So here are the 2 (+1) pieces I made at work -- in between work tasks, of course. 

'Misty Hike'
1080 x 1350
SketchBook
Inspired by DEATH STRANDING

This first one was inspired by the in-game landscape of DEATH STRANDING, which yes, I am still playing till today because I can't get enough of making deliveries in that game. I haven't progressed much in terms of the story, but I find the day-to-day deliveries across the landscape very therapeutic and mentally stimulating, so I am really taking my time here to savour the game. 

'Walking Without Rhythm'
1080 x 1350
SketchBook
A DUNE Fanart

This next one didn't really start off as a DUNE fanart at first. I was in the middle of a meeting and I was losing focus halfway through and I needed to just doodle something to keep myself aligned, and it began as something that looked like a beach. But then, as I painted some more, the horizon became less of a horizon and started taking the form of a peak, and very soon it looked almost like the top of a sand dune, and that was when Shai-Hulud and the Fremen figure manifested themselves in my mind. 

'Walking Without Rhythm - Daytime Version'
1080 x 1350
SketchBook + Adobe LightRoom
A DUNE Fanart

This isn't a repaint, but rather I took the original and upped the colour temperature in LightRoom. This wasn't planned, but was born out of spontaneous motivation when a fellow artist on Instagram -- who probably isn't familiar with DUNE -- thought what they were seeing was snow. I don't blame them; anyone unfamiliar with the story and the recent movie would think that, given the colour scheme I have used for the piece. So out of curiosity, I wondered then how it would look if I switched it up to daytime instead. Much to my surprise, it turned out well, and I am all the more happy for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment