Thursday 10 June 2021

DOUBLE FEATURE

 A double feature today. Here is the first:

'The Cross Bleeds'

This is the second:

'Lightning Strikes The Sea'

What I Found Out...

I suck at managing my energy in conversations. I can generally manage a one-to-one conversation just fine, because I can align fully immerse and align myself with the one other person I am talking to. Another individual would still be quite manageable, but from there on out, it will be a gamble; and the odds are hardly ever in my favour. My attention gets stretched pretty thinly and I will get overwhelmed, and soon I will have lost the plot of the conversation and tuned out completely.

While I am aware that it is probably not anything new at this point, I realised that drawing during these conversations helps. I have been doing it for sometime now, but have yet to say anything about it because I needed to do enough of it first before I could be sure. It doesn't necessarily refocus all of my attention to the conversation -- I'd most likely still lose parts of the plot if it is a topic which I am not normally engaged in -- but I don't get easily tuned out. I would still be able to pay attention to the vibe of the conversation and keep to the pace, listening in for cues, in case I would be summoned for an opinion or response.

Just a little something I would like to note -- a little something to explain the double feature today. *wink wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment